* Changes in the EDUC courses required for this degree may change at the recommendation of TEA
The following components are required in all degrees:
General education, major, professional education courses, and validation of completion of:
- overall semester hours - 135
- institutional semester hours - 45
- overall advanced hours - 36
- institutional advanced hours - 24
Required General Education courses:
MATH 1304 , POLS 1301, HIST 1301 or HIST 1302
Foreign language requirement:
SPAN 1411 , SPAN 1412 or any two semesters of the same foreign language
Acceptable minor fields:
Professional education hours fulfill the minor requirement.
8 semester hours in physics
This degree prepares students for a career teaching life science in grades 7-12. Students are prepared for the TExES Life Science Exam, the state exam for teacher certification in life science grades 7-12.
Life Science certification candidates may also add ESL, special education or bilingual certification to their degree plan