Feb 26, 2024
Graduate Catalog 2021-2022 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
International Student Admission Requirements
International are those who are not United States citizens or permanent residents.
Application Requirements for International Applicants
- Submission of a completed application for admission by the applicable deadline.
- Non-refundable Application fee of $50
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities where degrees were conferred.
- For admission to any of the doctoral programs, applicants must provide evidence that a Master’s degree has been earned from an accredited university.
- All foreign transcripts must have an official course-by-course credential evaluation report from an OLLU recommended credential evaluation service. These credentials must indicate a minimum educational preparation equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree and evidence of completion of a Master’s degree from an accredited university if applying to a doctoral program.
Credential Evaluation Services:
The following agencies are recommended by OLLU. Other agencies approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)may be used but additional documentation may be required.
- SUBMIT OFFICIAL PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: (speak with international office regarding waiver)
- Internet Based TOEFL score requirements: graduate 79
- Paper Based TOEFL score requirements: graduate 550
- IETLS score requirements: graduate 6.5
Official scores must be submitted directly to Our Lady of the Lake University from the testing service. ETS institution code: 6550
For more information on test dates, locations and cost, please visit the following websites: TOEFL (http://www.ets.org/toefl/) or IELTS (http://www.ielts.org/)
- SUBMIT IMMIGRATION AND FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Copy of your passport and any visa you hold.
- Students currently in the U.S. on an F or J visa must also submit a photocopy of current I-20 or DS-2019.
- The Affidavit of Support must be filled out by the account holder for the financial documentation. Financial documents must be dated within six month of the date of application. The applicant will be held personally responsible for all expenses incurred while in school at OLLU, even if the applicant is sponsored by another person or agency. The applicant will be required to prove financial ability to the United States Consulate in order to be approved for a visa. As mandated by law, Our Lady of the Lake University has no federal or state funds which are available for foreign students.
- SUBMIT PROOF OF MENINGITIS VACCINE
Texas law requires all college students to submit proof of the meningitis vaccine or present the appropriate waiver. More information is available online under “Immunization Policy” at www.ollusa.edu/healthservices.