Mar 04, 2024
Students are admitted to begin their programs of study three times each year: fall, spring and summer. In addition to the requirements for graduate admissions into Our Lady of the Lake University, applicants will provide a battery of materials including:
- A Graduate Exam is not required for admissions to the MSOL program. Applicants with a 2.0-2.9 overall undergraduate GPA will be considered for conditional admission. The condition is they must receive a grade of “B” or higher in the first two courses they take in the respective program. If the student does not receive a grade of “B” or higher on each of the first two courses, they will not be allowed to continue in the program.
- A complete résumé, detailing professional work experience.
- A personal statement of three to five, double-spaced pages describing long-range professional and scholarly interests.
The Master of Science in organizational leadership enhances the leadership skills of dedicated professionals in a wide range of fields to include business, education and health care administration. The interdisciplinary degree combines theory and fieldwork in order to graduate “practitioner-scholars” who can provide enlightened leadership at the workplace.
The degree has three primary goals:
- To afford leadership development at the master’s degree level for promising professionals with aspirations to higher levels of responsibility in business, education, health and public service in the region, the state and the nation
- To provide an opportunity for interdisciplinary master’s degree study within a framework that fosters the development of a global perspective
- To make substantive contributions to the application of knowledge in executive leadership and policy development, research and community service
Students must pass a four hour written comprehensive exam and an oral comprehensive exam before they are eligible for the MSOL degree. Normally, this test must be taken upon completion of 24 credit hours.
Choose One of the Following Concentrations:
Leadership Concentration - 12 semester hours
Interdisciplinary Concentration - 12 semester hours
Take the following 6 semester hours:
Take 6 semester hours from the following:
Other Leadership Related Course(s) – Approved by Advisor